Sunday, March 30, 2008

Polenta with Tomato-Braised Beans

beanspolenta

I found this recipe while looking for something to use up my Rancho Gordo Canellini Beans and I am always a sucker for anything over polenta! For this challenge, I was trying to keep things in "one-pot" just because I was trying to branch out, but I just though this was too good not to share. I followed the very labor intensive, very specific directions for making the polenta and was rewarded with a very creamy base. The sauce was also good, could use a few more tomatoes...and I subbed rosemary for the sage. It wasn't Mark's favorite, "too beany" he said, but like I said, I liked it!

3 comments:

KAJ said...

Man, your beans are so much more plump. There was alot of labor there...I am not sure how you knew if you were to be stirrin', cookin', coverin', etc!?!?!

Robin said...

I agree ... those are the plumpest beans I have ever seen in my life! What a great advertisement for Rancho Gordo ... I can't wait to get back to the states and order my beans! Beans and polenta are classic northern Italian ... looks wonderful!

Mel said...

the recipe looked good until I got to the "cover, and then uncover" part about 8 times. Geesh, I got dizzy.