Thursday, May 7, 2009

Roast beef (sunday dinner)/sandwiches (weeknight dinner)

A really good way to get a little more mileage out of a meal, is to somehow turn it into a sandwich. See, nice meal, casual meal. Double duty!

Photobucket

The roast beef was a recipe I got from last years Cooks Illustrated. It was in an article entitled "Improving Cheap Roast Beef". It recommends using Eye of Round roast, which I don't really consider cheap, but I did get it on sale for $2.99/pound. Not bad!

Slow-Roasted Beef. Whew, didn't have to type it in. The real winner was the horseradish cream sauce (whip cream to soft peaks, fold in equal quantity of horseradish, salt and pepper to taste) One of the best I have ever had!

For my weeknight meal, I warmed the buns and the beef, but at lunch, I really prefer it cold. Served it again with that cream sauce. YUMMY!

Photobucket

No comments: