Friday, May 29, 2009

Round 2 Recipe...Blackbean burger => Blackbean enchiladas

Found this recipe on Food Network when I looked up "double duty dinners".
The first recipe for Black Bean Burgers was very easy. My kiddos helped me make them. I was not impressed though. My husband thought they were okay with enough mayo!


The next night, I made the Black Bean Enchiladas with the 1 cup of black bean mixture that I had reserved. Now, I thought these were pretty good. I also made my own enchiladas sauce that I will use for the rest of my life. I think that helped.
Now, I forgot to take a picture of the enchiladas. They were not as good as the Sweet Potato Black Bean Enchiladas recipe from Kerri :) I do want to find a decent Black Bean Burger recipe because there was definitely some room for improvement there!!
Enchiladas Sauce
Melt 2 tbsp butter in a pan. Add 1 tbsp flour and stir. Add 2 cups chicken stock ( I used that which I had made with my Beer Can Chicken :) and stir until thick. Add chili pepper, cumin and coriander. PERFECT!!

3 comments:

wirrek said...

I can't believe you made black bean burgers!

Michelle said...

This looks good - you know I like me some beans...

How are you already cooking impressive meals? Supermom!

Jenny said...

i will DEFINITELY have to try this!