Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Another newcomer - Chinese Slaw

slaw

I think this one might be in Mel's second copy, but I don't think anyone else has it. My husband LOVES slaw, but I am just not a fan. I think it is because most cole slaw recipe have mayo based dressings and I am more of a vinegrette kind of girl. I started making this recipe about a year ago...whenever we moved in with my parents. My mom loved it. This is one that I printed out, and then threw away. I figured I could just wing it with whatever I had, but you forget, so I print it out again, then throw it away. I think I eventually stole my mom's copy and that is what is in my cookbook. Sorry Mom! Even though I have the recipe, it is just a guide, and I just use whatever I have and whatever I feel like. It is a nice fresh addition to asian crockpot meals. I served this with Thai Style Pork Stew.

No comments: