Sunday, May 4, 2008

Mexican Lime Marinated Chicken

This one is in the Poultry section under 8 Ways with Barbecued or Broiled Chicken. Marinate the chicken and grill ... here is the marinade:

juice of 3 limes
juice of 1 lemon
1/2 c. dry white wine
1 t. sugar
1 t. salt
1/4 t. black pepper
1/2 t. dried tarragon
1 clove of garlic, minced

We sliced the chicken for fajitas. It was good ... maybe missing a spice ... maybe oregano? Or, possibly, I just marinated it too long ... the chicken looked practically cooked from the citric acid after 3 hours. I thought it tasted a bit too limey but I want to give it another shot with some tweaking next time. Sorry, no picture this time.

1 comment:

wirrek said...

Try cumin, and yeah, oregano instead of the taragon. I got this from my mom, so maybe she will weigh in with some more tips.