Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Chicken Curry in a Hur....holy cow that's hot!!!

Well, the title says it all. Perhaps one of Rachael Ray's most famous recipes needs a little interpretation of the curry amounts.

Now, I like spicy foods. I can handle just about anything. But I put in 1.5 Tb of curry paste (recipe says 2 Tb) in the recipe and it was so hot, we were sweating, guzzling water, and planning our trip to Braum's for ice cream as we inhaled each bite.

Perhaps she meant "weak, sissy curry paste", but I had "Thai curry paste". Geesh.

Anyways, we will make this Chicken Curry in a Hurry dish again, but with about 1tsp of curry paste, or maybe less.

Heading out for more water.....

4 comments:

wirrek said...

Oooo, yeah, Thai curry vs Indian curry. For this dish and 2 T, yeah, the Indian curry would have been better.

Hey, we have all done it!

Mel said...

I thought curry was curry. Ugh, cooking is stupid.

wirrek said...

Ohhhh, its not stupid. Just the Thai curries usually have coconut milk in them with lots of fat. The fat helps to balance the super hotnest. The Indian curry you tried had sugar (mango chutney) but no fat.

Mel said...

Do I get bonus points for my title?? j/k