Saturday, May 10, 2008

Curried Chicken Penne with Fresh Mango Chutney

Mmm, that Kerri girl really knows how to pick out some good recipes. This has caught my eye since I first received the 2nd version, but we just made it tonight for the first time.

As a side, DH made the chutney. It was soooo great because there is a lot of chopping in this recipe. Taste wise, it was awesome. DH fell in love, too.

Curried Chicken Penne with Fresh Mango Chutney



We like spicy food around here, and the spice level on this was just perfect. No sweating, but feeling some heat. The sweet side balanced perfectly.

I also made this with some Phyllo Wrapped Asparagus with Cheese, but that's not from Kerri's cookbook. It was quite yummy, too. Note, I used NO butter AT ALL, but rather Pam. She's very dependable.

5 comments:

wirrek said...

Yeah, this one is great. It is pretty time consuming or I would make it all the time. I try to make my self do it when mangos are in season...at least once a year!

Mel said...

I hope it doesn't conflict with our menu selection of "chicken curry in a hurry" on Tuesday!

KAJ said...

I wish my "DH" would do all the chopping for the side...when are you guys going to start having some kiddos Mel?


What? We were all wondering, right?

wirrek said...

Kaj!!! You are suppose to say that! Don't be annoying!

Mel said...

LOL. DH doesn't chop EVERY time - believe me, so I REALLY appreciate it when he helps.

And as for kiddos, we need more practice before making any real attempts :)