Saturday, July 12, 2008

Avocado Soup with Citrus-Shrimp Relish

These challenges with "seasonal" ingredients are difficult for me. The only things that grow where I am are the three Cs - corn, cotton, and cows. Well, cotton is tough to cook with.

But since somebody in another state thinks Avocados are in season, I'm using that as my chief ingredient.

I found this recipe in the July 2008 Cooking Light. It was a great soup. DH thought we could sell it and make millions. I personally thought it was simply "great" but not going to buy us anything special. It was filling and tasty. Give it a try.

Oh, I didn't use the queso fresco although I'm sure it would have rocked.

Avocado Soup with Citrus-Shrimp Relish

Enjoy!

3 comments:

KAJ said...

This looks so decadent, but I am not sure about cold soup. Have you made cold coup before?

Robin said...

I've never tried a cold soup either. This looks wonderful (and very gourmet) with the shrimp addition. It's on my summer list!

Mel said...

I have never made a cold soup before and I had concerns as well. This is more room temperature, not cold. Plus, the shrimp were also at room temp. I definitely would NOT make this soup without the shrimp. It adds the most important flavors. Plus, it's super nutritious!