Friday, July 4, 2008

Pfifferlinge Zeit!


Pfifferlinge Zeit is chanterelle mushroom season here in Germany. It always surprises me every year because I thought all mushrooms had fall seasons. Here it follows closely after Spargel Zeit (Asparagus season, which ends by June 1). There are lots of chanterelles now in the market and they are a bargain at 3.99 / pound. I believe they are much more expensive in the States. A week ago, I had a wonderful tagliatelle pasta with chanterelles at a local restaurant and I tried recreating something similar last night. I found this recipe on the Cooking Light website, Penne with Wild Mushrooms. Loved it ... I followed the recipe but subbed dried sage for fresh.

1 comment:

wirrek said...

Happy 4th! That does sound good. I tried to buy some mushrooms like this for the shopping list challenge, but they were so expensive!