Sunday, July 20, 2008

Zucchini cakes

I am finishing the month strong.

cakes

Zucchini and squash are one of the most abundant summertime veggies and one of the easiest to grow. However, I am always at a loss on what to do with them. I think it has been previously mentioned that I don't like the texture of these vegtables, and that is probably why I shy away from them. This week I had Paula Deen on and was half listening to it and she mentioned a recipe for zucchini cakes. It sounded like something I should try.

I only used 1 squash and 1 zucchini, and therefore used less of the other ingredients as well, but I still used one whole egg. I made sure to really try to get as much moisture off of the grated veggies as possible. The result was pretty tasty. Even Mark mentioned that the "cakes were good...did you make these?!?" I will definately make this again. I served the cakes with a roasted pork tenderloin.

3 comments:

KAJ said...

DUDE! These look super good! I have got to try them!

I thought you might update your other blog since you posted here...like maybe some picture of your kiddos or following through with that "tagged thing"...slacker!

Mel said...

DH hates squash and zucchini. Maybe I can sneak some in this way. Although the half stick of butter sounds excessive!

wirrek said...

Oh yeah, I didn't use a 1/2 cup of butter! Maybe a tablespoon or two.