Friday, July 18, 2008

Watermelon Margaritas

margarita2

My toddler loves watermelon, and the ones you get in the grocery store are cute, small, seedless, and really perfect for snacking. However, the ones you get in season at the farmers market are huge, filled with seeds, but completely delicious. I'll buy one and we will eat off of it for as long as we can. I decided to make a pitcher of watermelon margaritas to help use some of it up.

I only made a half recipe, but still I had to invite some neighbors over to help us drink it. As written, I felt the margaritas were still a little bitter, so I added a cup of simple syrup (1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup water). Really, it tasted like any fruity margarita. I thought they were good, I'd make them again if I had a surplus of watermelon, but I wouldn't buy a watermelon to make them.

I think I will make some watermelon salsa with the remaining 3/4 of my watermelon!

1 comment:

KAJ said...

These look pretty good! Any reason to get together with neighbors is always a good idea! I feel like I have had something like this before and the texture was weird. Maybe I will try them though!!