Friday, July 25, 2008

Creamed Corn with Bacon and Leeks

creamcorn

Hmmm...perhaps that is not the best picture.

So, I was flipping through the most recent issue of Cooking Light, (I still haven't made anything from it recently) when I saw a mention of an older receipe, Creamed Corn with Bacon and Leeks. I have never really been a fan of creamed corn, but I don't think I have ever had the the real thing. This was an easy side that went well with my grilled rubbed pork chops. Getting the corn off the cob was the hardest part.

At first taste I thought it was too sweet, and too soupy. Maybe this is just one of those dishes that has to sit for a bit, because 5 mintues later I thought it was really tasty. My dad's review "that's pretty good, kid" Mark said "I like the bacon!" and even James ate some with a fork. I would definately make this again next time corn is 12 for $3.

No comments: