Monday, July 21, 2008

Chicken Shawarma and Chopped Vegetable Salad

I made this combo dish from the July Cooking Light and it was excellent. The vegetable dish was also a winner.

Chicken Shawarma

I served this chicken mix inside the half-pitas with lettuce, tomato and sauce. I didn't have any tahini for the sauce, so I left it out. It tasted great.

Chopped Vegetable Salad

Notice there is no link. This is one of the "menu" options in the magazine, which means they don't post the recipes anywhere on the internet. But, because it's so yummy, I will type it out for you:

Combine the following:
2c chopped cucumber
1c chopped red bell pepper
1c chopped tomato
1/2c chopped green bell pepper
1/2c chopped red onion
1/2c chopped fresh parsley
2 Tb red wine vinegar
1 Tb extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Prepare and let stand at room temperature for a little while. It creates more juice.

2 comments:

wirrek said...

Sweet! I am going to make this chicken. I bought the wrong kind of yogurt and need to use it up!

Robin said...

I love Shawarmas ... they are really popular here in Berlin because there is a large Turkish community. You can find a street stand in nearly every district. My favorite place adds roasted potato wedges to the wrap along with the chicken and yogurt sauce ... Heavenly! Thanks for sharing ... I'm going to make a point to try this one out.