Friday, January 28, 2011

Black bean burgers

Ha! Try saying that five times fast!

I was just looking for a generic vegan burger recipe, so I turned to my latest and greatest...AGAIN. If I was looking for a super duper vegan recipe I would have choosen something different, but it had been a busy day and these came together pretty quickly. This is one that is vegan AND gluten free thanks to the oat flour. I didn't have any oat flour, so I made my own by blending some oats in my blender.

Photobucket

Since my blender was already out and dirty, I used it to chop up the mushrooms and onions as well. It didn't go all that well, I wouldn't do it again.

Photobucket

Meanwhile, you mash up the black beans by hand and add the processed oat flour and onions and mushrooms.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I cooked on my nonstick skillet for about 8 min on a side. Easy peesy.

Photobucket

I served like regular burgers (not gluten free) with sweet tater fries from Trader Joe's (I have really come around on Trader Joe's...I love it).

Photobucket

No comments: