Thursday, January 6, 2011

Egg white and sun-dried tomato fritatta

This one is gluten-free. For the most part.

Photobucket

I actually made this one back in December. The recipe caught my eye because I have all these dried tomatoes from the summer in the freezer and it seemed like a good way to use some of them.

Photobucket

When I made it the first time, it looks SO AMAZING coming out of the oven. I turn the oven off and put it back in to keep warm...and it fell. It was awful. Well, egg white frittata, you are going to get the better of me.

I orginally saved the yokes to make creme brulee on Christmas Eve, but turns out, they went bad by the time I needed them. I used fresh egg yokes to make the brulee and froze the whites until I was read to make this again. Yes, you can freeze egg whites and they whip up just great:

Photobucket

I tried to time everything perfectly, but alas, it still fell. :(

Photobucket

I was ok, but not great. I served it with kale chips:

Photobucket

Oh, and bread, which is why it wasn't really gluten free:

Photobucket

But I really needed something to bulk up that meal. Otherwise it would only be like 200 calories and I needed more!

No comments: