Sunday, February 10, 2008

Carrot Salad

I saw this recipe on the food network yesterday and decided to make it today with our sandwiches. Very yummy, and I highly recommend. DH liked it too. I don't think it will keep well, considering the water content of carrots, but at least we enjoyed it once.

Carrot Salad

1/3 cup golden raisins (I used regular raisins)
1 pound carrots
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup mayonnaise
3 tablespoons sugar (I used splenda)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup diced fresh pineapple (I used drained canned chunks)
Place the raisins in a small bowl and cover with boiling water. Allow to sit for 5 minutes and then drain. Fit a food processor with the grating blade. Cut the carrots in half and place in the feed tube so they are lying on their sides. Process in batches. Place the grated carrots in a medium bowl, add the lemon juice and toss.

For the dressing, whisk together the sour cream, mayonnaise, sugar and salt. Pour the dressing over the carrots and add the pineapple and raisins. Toss together and serve.

2 comments:

wirrek said...

My mom seemed to like this one. She wasn't sure about the pineapple though.

Mel said...

I was hesitant about the pineapple, too, but it really does work. The salad has a sweetness to it, but is not sweet.