Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Sausage and Lentil Soup



Evidently Paula Dean has some kinda deal with Smithfield Meats and this is the main recipe I used. Sausage and Lentil Soup Recipe I also consulted a recipe on epicuious.com. I didn't have any green peppers or spinach, but it was still pretty delicious. We had some jalapeno cheese deer sausage which made the soup REALLY spicy...which was fun. I also did the thing where you blend some soup up in the food processor to make it a little thicker. I topped it with some shaved parm and searved with some wheat toast. YEAH!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice presentation, KAJ!!

Where did you get the jalepeno cheese deer sausage?

KAJ said...

One of the coaches where B works had an extra deer. So, B and his buddy just had to pay for it to be processed...now we have 2 freezers full of deer meat!