Saturday, July 25, 2009

Low County Boil

I did a search and couldn't find this posted before. I can't believe that no one has posted this one. (by no one, I mean me or my sister) This is a new family favorite we make every time we get together. I just so happened to take a picture of our dinner tonight because it looked so impressive on the platter. The corn was purchased by my FIL at a farmers market in the low country and the shrimp I got from Redmond Boys, a little produce stand that brings in seafood.

Photobucket



Low Country Boil
2 lbs unpeeled shrimp
4 ears corn, cut it half
5-6 red potatoes
1 package smoked sausage
4 green onions, chunked
several peeled garlic cloves
2 stalks celery, chunked
2 TB crab boil
2 TB old bay
2 TB cider vinegar
kosher salt

Bring LARGE pot of water to boil. Add large handful of salt. Add seasoinings and vinegar. Add celery, onion, garlic, sausage, and potatoes. Cook for 10 minutes. Add corn. Cook for 5-7 minutes. Add shrimp. Cook 3 more minutes. Drain and pour onto serving platter. Cover serving table with newpaper and serve with lemon butter and cocktail seasoning. YUM!

2 comments:

KAJ said...

That's way more ingredients that I use! I can't wait to try yours! Crawfish Boils and Low Country Boils are definitely inseason! NICE!

Robin said...

Wow, this is making me crave the Crab Shack!