Saturday, August 29, 2009

Columbo Chicken Curry p 243

Photobucket

I hate to push down the last two posts which were well reviewed for this one, which was an "eh". My first pass through the book when I marked recipes to make, I realized that although I was excited to make these recipes, I hadn't marked any curries, which make me a fan of of Indian food in the first place. I took a second pass and decided to try this one. As I said before, eh.

To be perfectly honest, I left out the fenugreek and the caradamon because I didn't have any, and the cinnamon because I am idiot and just forgot. But still, there was NO SAUCE. I was looking forward to a tasty curry with a wonderful sauce, but again, a little runny broth, but NO SAUCE. I think part of my problem is that the recipe decribes a rub. I don't really think this is a rub, I think this is more like a crust. It didn't taste bad, it just wasn't anything special.

I made the cucumber raita on pg 67. I did do the draining etc as describe and really enjoyed this little salad.

Photobucket

No comments: