Thursday, August 20, 2009

Goan Pork Vindaloo p280

Photobucket

Ok, maybe that isn't the best picture, but this was a pretty good dinner! I know vindaloo has the reputation of being super super spicy, but I backed waaaay off the spice. Instead of 5 dried chiles, I used 2. That gave it a pleasent spice, but not overpowering. With the heat level and the ease that this came together and it was a great weeknight meal.

Photobucket

I served it with cachoomar (p57). This is definately the hit recipe of the summer...I love these tomato-cucumber salads, they are just like a little salsa...yum! Here is the whole meal:

Photobucket

2 comments:

Mel said...

Looks great! I'm glad I didn't lead you astray with the salad. We thought it was awesome.

KAJ said...

Looks pretty good! I really wanna go out to eat Indian again soon!