Sunday, August 16, 2009

Finally!

I actually made this wonderful Indian dinner LAST SATURDAY, but I am only posting it now. We are painting our office and our computer is dissasembled. I had to find another way to load pictures.

So this meal isn't really what comes to mind when I think an Indian meal, but it was still pretty good. The main dish was Yogurt Marinated Chicken Kababs (p 239). The recipes does clearly stated to use full or low fat yogurt, which is pretty hard to find. I used non-fat because that is what I had on hand. The flavor was great, but they really stuck to the grill, maybe because of the non-fat.

Photobucket

The other dish I made was Parsi Potatoes and Snow Peas (p153).

Photobucket

However, instead of snow peas, I used "yard long beans". What are yard long beans? Well, I got them in my CSA share.

Photobucket

Sometimes, when you pick up your share, you are like, what the heck is that?!??! I mean, I knew it was some type of green bean, but then what. Well, flipping through this book, they are featured on pg 229. Aaaaaahhh haaaaaaa! They were a perfect addition to this dish. This was another good one, really more of a stir fry, but very tasty. I used a bit too much salt, but delicious!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Mel said...

Wow, those potatoes look awesome! I need to look that up.