Sunday, September 30, 2007

End of September

It is the last day of the month, so it is time for the challenge wrap up. Just one more recipe to share, on Friday, I made Robin's chicken and rosemary pizza with goat cheese. It turned out pretty good (it is wonderful with goat cheese!), but a little over browned. Maybe my oven runs a little hot. For the pizza dough, I used a different recipe that my family has used for years.

Bread machine pizza dough with beer

1 cup flat beer
2 T butter
2T sugar
1 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups AP flour
1 pk active yeast.

Combine in bread machine in order listed and put on dough cycle.

Every other time I make pizza dough I am disappointed. That beer really gives it a lot of flavor! I haven't made it without a bread machine, but don't really see why that wouldn't work. This time I double it to freeze half for later, and used 1/3-1/4 of whole wheat flour for extra texture.

The October challenge is Robin's Choice. Ooooh, what could it be? For November, we will be cooking out of one of KristiB's favorite cookbooks: Hot Sour Salty Sweet. It is a pretty big (read:expensive) book, but you can find it for less. My library actually had a copy, and after looking it over, I am going to buy it. It is a gorgeous book!

No comments: