Sunday, September 16, 2007

Pork Medallions with Cranberry Stuffing

Hello friends. I made a dish a couple nights ago and we have been arguing on who gets to eat the leftovers. Geesh. It was really good. I would like to note that I have never bought pork loin before......

http://www.kraftfoods.com/main.aspx?s=recipe&m=recipe/knet_recipe_display&u1=keyword&u2=pork%20medallions&u3=**1*4&wf=9&recipe_id=107309

2 pork tenderloins (1-1/2 lb.) (I used the super lean ones)
1/4 cup KRAFT Sun-Dried Tomato Dressing (i used some italian and some tomato)
1 Tbsp. GREY POUPON Dijon Mustard (I had stone ground, but dijon would be good)
1 pkg. (6 oz.) STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix for Chicken
1/3 cup dried cranberries

CUT each tenderloin crosswise into 6 slices. Pound meat slices, cut-sides up, with meat mallet to 1/2-inch thickness. Add to large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray. Cook on medium-high heat 3 min. on each side or until browned on both sides. Reduce heat to low.

COMBINE dressing and mustard; pour over meat. Continue cooking 3 min. on each side or until meat is cooked through and sauce is thickened. Meanwhile, prepare stuffing as directed on package, but reducing spread to 1 Tbsp. and adding cranberries to the water along with the stuffing mix.

SPOON stuffing onto serving plates. Add meat; drizzle with sauce.

2 comments:

wirrek said...

I bet Mark would love this one! I think they grow cranberries in oregon, so this is very pacific northwest. Good job!

Robin said...

This is a teaser for me since I'm abroad. If I could get my hands on some stovetop, I'd try it! In another month, there will be the token 100 bags of cranberries imported from North America that the 40,000 expat Americans in this city will all compete for! I'll keep you posted if I'm one of the lucky ones!