Friday, September 21, 2007

Philly Cheese Steak...

Normal picture of dinner
Alright, initially I didn't understand the challenge this month. I thought you had to cook things from your own region...i.e. the taco salad(I was going for Tex Mex). I get it now. I made this, as I have done before, but in retrospect, I wish I had consulted this site on Making a Philly Cheese steak.
What I did...
1/2 lb roast beef from deli
1 onion
1 green pepper
4 soft rolls
4 slices provolone cheese

Saute thinly sliced onion until soft, then add sliced green pepper. I like mine almost burnt:) Add salt and pepper to taste. Saute 4 slices of roast beef per sandwich for about 2 min per side. Put two halves of provolone on roast beef after flipping. Toast open face rolls with some butter. Top with mayo, meat, cheese, onions and green peppers. I served them with french fries and steamed veggie medley.
This is the "IN YOUR FACE!" picture...I'm very artistic, right?:)
The nice thing about this is all the variations that you can do. Maybe you only like your onions slightly sauteed or maybe you like mushrooms instead of green peppers...its whatever you want. This is also not very healthy...sorry :(

1 comment:

Robin said...

Wow, those sauteed veggies look incredible! Great sandwich!