Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Autumn Salad


This is a recent Cooking Light salad I found the other day and made it with our dinner last night. I have never made a viniagrette with parika and was curious. The dressing was really good but I think it really works because of the sweet pear in the salad. I don't know if it would be as great on its own. The salad had an overall sweet-tart thing going on. Use a really ripe sweet pear if you can find one. Here is the link for the recipe . This may become my new winter standard salad.

4 comments:

wirrek said...

Did you use the amount of olive oil in the recipe or more? I might try this with just apples. I just am not a pear fan.

KristiB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KristiB said...

I love pears and I'm definitely making this!

I'm so gonna use more than one teaspoon of cheese on my salad too :)

Robin said...

I made the dressing as stated but normally I would use 2:1 or 3:1 olive oil to vinegar ratio ... it was a bit tart. If you use apples ... use a sweeter apple to tone down the tartness. Also I had some cubed Gouda that needed used up and I did not use the goat cheese which maybe would have helped balance the flavor as well.