Thursday, October 11, 2007

Broiled Salmon Over Parmesan Grits

I am sorry to do another main dish, but some of these are so easy. Maybe it is because if you are having company over, you splurge a little on what you are having (salmon, veal, etc) and the higher quality stuff really doesn't need a whole lot of attention.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Last night I made Broiled Salmon Over Parmesan Grits. Salmon is my fish of choice from the grocery store because it usually is in pretty good shape. Broiling the fish gives it a nice crust and the seasoning seem kind of basic, but that is all you need. The real star are the grits. I love the mushrooms and I think that helps make the dish more elegant. I used 3/4 cup of polenta instead of 1/2 cup of grits...it really ends up being too runny for my taste otherwise.

I know in the picture that piece looks huge, but in my defense, my son had a couple bites of salmon...woo-hoo!

2 comments:

Robin said...

I remember this one from Kerri's Greatest Hits. I remember it being very good, simple and impressive. Thanks for reminding me of this one ... I need an idea for dinner tonight!

KristiB said...

Ooooh that sounds good!