Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Veal Marsala

Sooo...when I have company, I like to make something simple. I like to be out of the kitchen asap. That doesn't always happen, but in theory this is a GREAT and simple meal that will impress!! I made it in 23 minutes... no really...I did!!
For 2 people...
1/2 lb Veal scallopini
1 thing of mushrooms sliced
2 garlic cloves
1 1/2 cup Marsala
1 bundle of asparagus
juice of lemon quarter
Salt, pepper, and butter/olive oil


Flour, salt and pepper the veal. Saute the mushrooms in some butter, then store in a bowl. Saute the veal for 2 minutes a side adding pressed garlic on second side and place on top of mushrooms. Don't over cook the veal. It will have more time to heat through as the sauce thickens. De glaze the pan with the Marsala and add the veal and mushrooms to simmer. If the sauce isn't thick enough from the flour on the veal (mine wasn't), then add some diluted cornstarch. DONE!

Before I began, I put some asparagus tips in the over at 425 that were covered in EVOO, salt, pepper, lemon, and garlic for the 20 minutes it took to make the veal!

Note the ghost feet prints that C made at school today. Also, we use Marsala...not Marsala cooking wine. You can find it at liquor stores, but now a days I find it at my local grocery store. My camara is horrible, but here is a blurry image of a REAL bottle of Marsala!!

1 comment:

Robin said...

I agree ... it's best to get the real stuff. I've only made this dish with chicken ... I love the taste of Marsala, though ... I'll try it with veal next and report back.