Sunday, October 28, 2007

Pre-Thanksgiving Dinner

You may (or may not) have noticed my lack of posting this month. Travel and being a new cook don't go well together. I thought I would make up for it by preparing Turkey and Stuffing. This is the 2nd time I've made this Rachael Ray recipe and it is heavenly. Super fast, super yummy. I'll write my "modified" version below.

Turkey Cutlets with Corn, Sage and Prosciutto Stuffing

2 pounds turkey breast cutlets (2 packages, 12 pieces) I used 6 pieces, 1.5 pounds
2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
Salt and pepper

Stuffing:
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
3 ribs celery from the heart, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
Salt and pepper
2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
4 sprigs fresh sage (2 tablespoons) chopped
2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley, eyeball it
1/4 pound prosciutto, deli sliced like bacon, then chopped
3-4 corn muffins, crumbled (I made them earlier in the day; make sure it's the non-sweet type)
1 cup chicken stock or broth or canned turkey broth

Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Season turkey with poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Brown the turkey filets, remove to a plate.

To a second skillet over medium high heat, add oil. Add celery and onions and season with salt, pepper, poultry seasoning. Saute 5 minutes until just tender, add sage, parsley, prosciutto and stir to combine. Crumble muffins into the pan. Moisten stuffing with broth and heat through.

We are about to eat leftovers for lunch and we've been drooling for an hour already. Frankly, it's about as good as the "Mad at your mom meatloaf" in our book and will be making it often. (I'm making the meatloaf tomorrow...)

Did I mention how extraordinarily healthy it is? Of course, it's me writing! Enjoy!

1 comment:

Robin said...

I've been trying to gear myself up to be Thanksgiving hostess this year to a group of expats. Stuffing with prosciutto sounds like our kind of thing ... I'll let you know if I try it out! thanks!