Friday, October 5, 2007

Surf and turf!

Again, I am sorry that I am not good at using recipes. I am the consummate younger sibling...ask anyone. Brian and I will not be together for 3 nights, so I wanted to make him something special. I got out our China!! I choose a rib eye and bacon wrapped scallops with a lemon butter creme sauce(c/o my sis). Brian also loves these green beans.

I marinated the steak in pepper, olive oil, Italian seasoning, Worcestershire, and soy sauce. BUT, just a small about. I salt and peppered the sea scallops, then wrapped them in bacon. I grilled the steak for 8 minutes a side and the scallops for 2-3 minutes a side.


Before I put the scallops on I sauteed 2 tbsp of butter in TWO pans. One for the sauce and one for the tiny bay scallops(compare and contrast with the sea scallops). I added two tbsp flour to the butter and a cup of chicken stock. Then added 1/4 cup cream to make it creamy and the juice of one lemon!! The bay scallops just took 5 minutes to saute.


About 1 hour before I put the steaks on the grill, I threw a chopped onion, a couple pounds of fresh green beans and 3 pieces of chopped bacon in a pan with a little evoo, salt and pepper. When I was ready to serve everything, I sprinkled the beans with 2 tsp sugar and 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar.


The dinner was delicious!!! Something about the bacon wrappedness of the scallops is great!! I could take or leave the tiny bay scallops...I didn't even post a pic. The lemon butter creme sauce was GREAT as well!! Thank you kerri!

2 comments:

KristiB said...

Anything wrapped in bacon is better!

Robin said...

After being struck down for the past two days by this mysterious, trans-atlantic "apple pie" virus ... I could go for a good ribeye ... that dinner looks fantastic. I haven't seen Texas-sized sea scallops like those in a long time!