Monday, September 15, 2008

Announcement for next month

Kerri asked me to come up with an idea for next month and I immediately thought about suggesting a product challenge. Since returning to the States I'm overwhelmed (in a good way) by all the choices we have. So this next month will be a time to show off or try for the first time your favorite brands, internet food sites and of course share any tips, recipes, etc for using this product. I'm giving you a couple of weeks advance notice in case anyone wants to order special products online. Anything goes, so use your imagination and don't assume that we all know about a product ... there should be plenty of posting! Let me know if you have questions.

*** Clarification ***
For example, someone once submitted a soup recipe that included a Wolf Brand chili kit (I'm still looking for this). This is a great example because the poster said the recipe doesn't turn out as well if you use another brand's chili kit. This is a great example of a product challenge because she submitted a recipe and included a specific brand name to one of the ingredients. Also, some people have posted recipes using Rancho Gordo beans that they ordered online ... another great example. Or, don't even submit a recipe and grab a boxed Pad Thai kit (or whatever strikes you) and give us your review of it - no recipe needed. Any supermarket or website product is fair game.

3 comments:

Mel said...

For clarification, does this mean we can use any recipe with any ingredient from any website? Or is this more like "Things I can make with a garlic press" or "Things I can make with Rotel"?

lbmartinez said...

It's Wick Fowler's (No alarm, 2 alarm...) Chili Kit. That may be why you've had trouble finding it. In our market it's with the dried soups, usually top shelf, out of view. Hope that helps your search!

Robin said...

Ahhhhh, Wick Fowlers! That could be the problem. Thanks ... I'll take a look next time I'm there ... maybe I'll review it for next month!