Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Black Bean Tomato Soup with Cilantro Lime Cream


When it's 110F outside and a soup recipe catches your eye, you know it must have potential. This was a great find this month. It has a great flavor, very simple to make, and doesn't make a ton of soup so no leftovers all week. I bought the chipotle chile powder (by McCormick) and I think it makes a big difference so don't sub regular chile powder. In fact, that chipotle chile powder was a great find and I may end up subbing it in recipes that call for chipotles in adobo sauce. My soup was spicy enough so I didn't go to the trouble of mixing up the special sour cream ... I just used a dollop on each serving, sprinkled on the herbs, and added a couple of chunks of ripe avocado to help with the heat.

Recipe is here.

1 comment:

Mel said...

Thanks for trying this. I had debated it because whenever I cook bacon, I smell it for days and crave it 24/7. Hmm, maybe I could skip the bacon and make it anyways :)