Saturday, September 6, 2008

Ziti (well, penne) with spinach, tomatoes, and gorganzola sauce

Photobucket

I don't know what is wrong with me, I am just in a blue cheese phase. Give me some stinky cheese and I am one happy girl. When I saw this one, I just knew I had to try it. It turned out just like it was described in the magazine....a grown up mac n cheese. I think the tomatoes were the best part, and the gorgonzola/blue cheese was very mild. I used leftover penne from earlier in the week, and the whole meal came together quickly. I did double it because Cooking Light tends to be really skimpy with their pasta serving sizes and sauce. Next time I might cook the tomatoes a little more. A great "restaurant quality" (per DH) friday night meal!

2 comments:

Robin said...

Your pic, as well as the one in the magazine, look great! I wish I could acquire a taste for blue cheese/gorgonzola. I always try, thinking maybe I haven't had a good one yet, but just can't acquire the taste. The sauce looks heavenly!

Mel said...

Where's the meat? Did you serve some meat on the side? DH would want half a cow in that dish.