Monday, September 1, 2008

Fig and Goat Cheese Bruschetta

These little morsels of yumminess are heavenly. They were a big hit at a party yesterday and I would absolutely make them again, at the bequest of my friends.

Fig and Goat Cheese Bruschetta


I did make a small change. Instead of using goat cheese, I used pechorino toscana (sp?). My SIL made a very similar dish for me before and used that cheese. With that in mind, I sprinkled the nuts underneath the cheese because of the firmness of toscana.

The hardest part was finding figs, but everything else was pretty easy. I do recommend chopping them quite small to make spreading them on the bread a little easier.

It suggests to serve them warm, but I served them at room temperature, with the cheese perspirating on top.

Mmm, I wish I had one right now.

No comments: