Sunday, September 14, 2008

Potato and Lamb Moussaka

Photobucket

To be honest, I am not even sure I could pronounce this recipe, let alone spell it. At first, this was one I passed over, but I need some new casserole type recipes and this one is different from you normal "add 1 can of cream of whatever soup". Plus, it is interesting to look at. All in all, it wasn't bad, but I probably wouldn't make it again. It took about an hour to assemble the casserole. If I did make this again, I would season the potatoes while browning them, add some spice to the the meat mixture, and add more eggs/milk for the last step. Hmmm, if I did all that, it might not be cooking light any more. Oh well. Again, not bad, just not a repeater.

Photobucket

Oh, and I did not take this over to my parents house to eat after a boat ride while my sister was in a hurricane. There were, however, two screaming children, but that is true any night. Sigh.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Bravo for venturing out! I saw this one but wasn't sure how I would like lamb so I didn't mark it. Looks just like the pic in the magazine!

wirrek said...

I should mention, I couldn't find ground lamb, so I used ground turkey.