Monday, January 11, 2010

Cranberry bread

Photobucket

I hosted playgroup last week, and I think how I mentioned that there is the one mom named Suzi who upped the bar on playgroup snacks. The night before I was really trying to come up with something to make. I had bought a bag of cranberrys like I always do, and then couldn't come up with something to make with them, like I always do, so found this recipe for cranberry bread.

I did really like this. It is similar to a scone because it is really not all that sweet (even though there is 2 cups of sugar), but is very moist (even though there is only 1/4 cup butter). It made 2 loaves, so I froze one for later. I think the other moms liked it...at least some of them did. I did have leftovers...not usually a good size.

1 comment:

Robin said...

I do the same thing at this time of year with cranberries....they always look so good but I never know what to do with them.