Friday, November 30, 2007

Smoked Fish and Green Mango (pg. 174)


I thought I would try my hand at asian-fusion cooking tonight. I realize you can barely see the photo but I thought this photo would help make my case that this salad is so good even the little one is licking her chops in anticipation. The title doesn't seem enticing but I really enjoyed this one. I may not have made this one quite right. I'm not sure what a green mango is (maybe an underripe one???) ... well, I found a perfectly ripe one so I had to get it instead. I barely used any of the dressing because the mango was so juicy ... it really didn't need much more. The asian fusion comes in because I put this over a bed of arugula. Really, this is a great dish, the contrast of the ultra sweet mango and smoky salty fish and fresh cilantro was a wonderful combination.

2 comments:

wirrek said...

Hmmmm, I am not sure that smoked fish and mango really go together, but I will take your word for it! Did Lidia really eat any?

Robin said...

They really were great together. You have to like smoked fish though ... if you don't care for smoked fish you won't like it ... no matter how much dressing you put on it. If you can't find smoked trout ... I think smoked salmon would be just as good. And, yes, can you believe Lidia really did eat some of it ... less the arugula leaves.