Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Vietnamese Chicken Salad with Rau Ram

I might be spelling that wrong. Sorry about that.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Another easy one for this week, but it was pretty tasty. This turned out to be filling, but a fairly light dish. Mel, you would like this one. I subbed sweet basil for the vietnamese corriender, but followed the recipe with everything else. I really loved the napa cabbage in this dish. It was crunchy, but not overwhelming. I really should use it more. My husband thought it was "too citrus-y". I told him that was the SOUR of the hot sour salty sweet so he needs to get used to it!

2 comments:

Robin said...

Somehow I missed this one and just went back to look up the recipe ... looks great ... nice find! Any of the grilled meat dishes I made this past weekend did not have an overwhelming citrusy taste to them. I think Mark would enjoy any of them. The beef does use lemongrass but I didn't think it was overpowering. The chicken had more of a pepper taste than cilantro taste and the sweet and sour sauce was really good with it. Report back if you try any of them!

Mel said...

Mmm, I finally looked up the recipe on this and it looks really good. I'm glad you mentioned using the sweet basil. I will try that. Still craving black bean soup though....